Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home!

I am off to Georgia for the first time in more than seven months!  This is definitely the longest I've ever been gone, and just another reason I'm so glad we're moving to Charlotte!  Hello, three hour trip versus the seven it will take tomorrow.

Last time I was home it looked like this after our White Christmas...


This time it will be hotter than Hades, which I won't mind because it means peach ice cream from Thomas Orchards for breakfast!

I'm headed home for the wedding of a lifelong family friend.  One of my very first memories is someone saying we had to be quite while we played because they just brought her home from the hospital.  And now she's getting married.  Aw!

The werewolf is getting married, the Chic-fil-A cow and the grim reaper will be in attendance.  It will be quite the festive reception, don't you think?


Halloween 1996

And I will have you know that we were quite creative in Birchmore Hills because the cows were only introduced in 1995.  None of this "Dress Like a Cow" Day back then!

Don't believe me about that creativity?  How many picnics did you see running around your neighborhood on Halloween?

 Halloween 1994

1 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

Great post! See you tomorrow!