Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

C+B Wedding Party

A few weeks ago, John and I attended a wedding party at Crate and Barrel.  C+B opened their store early on a Sunday morning just for us- how sweet of them!  Well, us and about six other couples.


On my first visit to a Crate and Barrel back in the fall, I was not impressed. Shortly after that though, the store moved to a new, bigger space in Durham, so maybe there was something about that Raleigh store.  When my mom was visiting back in April, we stopped by the new store (with me slightly draggin' my heels) and I loved so many of their products!   It was a completely different experience from the Raleigh store, and I quickly signed us up for one of their registry parties that I had heard about in the blogosphere.


On the day of the party, we were greeted by a friendly staff and delicious coffee.


As a way to "help" clients register for gifts, C+B demonstrates most of their fun products, such as the waffle maker and bacon skillet, pod coffee makers, and cupcake stands, with sample stations.


We really enjoyed wandering around the store in a low pressure, but helpful environment.  While the delicious sampling might have led to a few extra items on the registry, we tried to keep it to just the things we know we'll use as we set off on this journey together.

And John really enjoyed the gun!


Giving the groom a gun- genius, Wedding Industrial Complex, genius!

If you're interested in registering at Crate and Barrel, I would definitely recommend going to one of the parties.  It's a great way to spend the morning with your sweetie and enjoy some treats.

Now, if retailers get really smart they will introduce the "I've Been Married For 29 Years And Hate my Stuff" registries that my mom has been dreaming about.

Image via Yen

1 comments:

Sally said...

You are not kidding! Some smart retailer needs to jump on this middle-age market niche! We see all the cool things our children and their friends get at wedding showers and we hate our old things even more! They still work, so we feel guilty getting rid of them, but they are boring, boring, boring! (I had that Crock Pot, by the way -- in Harvest Gold. I have to admit I did send it to the basement graveyard and buy myself a new one. Still works perfectly, though! Any nostalgia buffs out there? I'll give you a good price!) :)