Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yard Sale-ing!

On Friday, I took part in a great Southern summer tradition- a yard sale! But this yard sale was special as it was a wedding yard sale hosted by the ladies of Southern Weddings Magazine.  


They recently moved offices and were looking to downsize some of their wedding goodness stash, while supporting a couple of charities.

I coaxed a couple of girlfriends into going with me, and we had a good time finding a few wedding treasures in about 5,000 degree heat.  


I had long since proven that "Southern ladies don't sweat, they glisten" was a complete, total fallacy when we stumbled on the find of the day- shepherd's hooks!


Now that we're going to get the outdoor ceremony under the oak tree, this was one detail I really wanted to find.  At the yard sale I was able to pick up 18 of the hooks for a mere $15!  Saving money on beautiful things is pretty much my life's goal, so I was ecstatic! 

I also picked up a couple of white lanterns (in the second picture) that I will probably spray paint an oil rubbed bronze color.


I also got a few votive candle holders and a couple of bud vases that I will probably use just around the house and not at the wedding.  Finally, I got 12 silver chargers for some future fancy dinners.

All in all, we had a great morning of wedding bargain hunting.  We also got to meet the SW ladies and enjoy some Cheerwine and sweet tea.



Shout out to my dear friend Emily Hansel who designed my favorite green necklace.  And look we're famous

We celebrated our good finds (and air conditioning) by enjoying an ice cold local beer and a pimento cheese BLT at Tyler's.  Yum!

4 comments:

Sierra at Southern Weddings said...

Loved this little yard sale roundup! It was interesting to see what you are using each thing for and making your own. I too got a few things for around the house that were just super cute. I also wanted to share our newly created Southern Weddings Pinterest just in case you haven't already seen it http://pinterest.com/iloveswmag/. Much more to come on it!

Caroline said...

Thanks for your sweet note, Sierra! I started following y'all on Pinterest. Keep the inspiration coming!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love the SW magazine/blog!!!!!

Jenny Fleming said...

Found you!